5K Training Group
Note: registration for the Spring 5K Training Group is closed. Registration for the Fall “Get Me to the Gobble Gallop” will be announced in September.
The Duluth Running Co 5K Training Groups are for those looking to start running, or for those who have already been running and are looking for a bit more structure in their training.
These training groups are run twice a year. The Spring 5K training group runs from mid-April through mid-June and is a 9 week program designed to get its members to any 5K of their choosing. The “Get Me to the Gobble Gallop” 5K Training Group is a 10 week program that runs from late September through Thanksgiving Day and prepares members for the Thanksgiving Day Gobble Gallop 5K.
Members will be able to choose one of two training plans:
- Very Beginner: This group is a “Couch-to-5K” style run/walk program designed for someone who is looking to begin a running plan for the first time or for the first time after an extended break (a year or more). Those who choose this plan will have three weekly workouts to complete, easing up from alternating running with walking to mostly running.
- Advanced Beginner: This group is a basic 5K training plan designed for the runner who has been running for at least 3 months, or has successfully completed the “Very Beginner” plan, and is looking either for a more structured training plan or to improve their speed, endurance, or 5K time. Those who choose this plan will have four weekly workouts to complete, including a weekly speed workout.
Group enrollment cost includes the following:
• Choice from one of two training programs
• 2 group workouts per week (Meeting times vary by program)
• Group tech shirt
• 10% discount at Duluth Running Co. from the start of the program through the end of race day.
• Members only group blog
For more information, contact Nick Nygaard at email@example.com or Taisha Navarro at firstname.lastname@example.org